Monday, April 6, 2009

Don't Eat Pete!

I am in the process of several big projects. In the meantime, I thought I'd share our latest game. Thanks to Becky from my Family Home Evening exchange group last year, we were able to play an Easter version of Don't Eat Pete. I bet you can't guess who thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you don't know the game, all you need is a card with words, pictures, colors (whatever you want) in each square and candy (or food of some sort...I suppose you could use fruit and vegetables if you prefer).
-Cover each square with a candy (we used jelly beans)
-Have one person leave the room
-Pick one square (we picked two to avoid a 2 year old getting every bean on the card).
-Have the person come back
-Person begins eating candy off squares
-When they take the candy from the chosen square(s), yell "Don't Eat Pete!"
That ends their turn and someone else leaves the room and the game begins again until all the candy is gone.

4 comments:

The Kartchners said...

Fun Game, you can also use this with reading words and blends and letter sounds but they have to say the correct sound, etc. It's one of my favorites!

Becky said...

This game is still a favorite at our house but Lex cries almost every time we play because Isaac yells so loud it scares her to death. Crazy girl.

This is such a fun blog! I never knew it existed and I've been missing out!

Necia said...

BEST GAME EVER! Love it!

Tiffany said...

What a great Easter idea! I totally forgot about that. I'll have to get my Easter FHE stuff out tomorrow or Sunday. Kaiden should be able to do it now.