Friday, September 4, 2009

Charlotte's Puppet Theater


I have (almost) finished the doorway puppet theater I'm making for Charlotte's birthday. I looked and looked on the Internet for a pattern but never found one that I loved...so, I made one up. For me, that translates into some mistakes along the way, but I'm satisfied with the results anyway. Want to make one, too? Here are some awesome guidelines. I will admit, I didn't read or follow all of it (mostly because I have to see it rather than just read it), but it does have some great pointers like making sure to have a dowel directly under your stage or else it will droop.

I used a total of about 5 1/2 yards of fabric because I lined the back. One 40" tension rod. Two dowels. About 4 yards of ribbon. 1 yard of beaded trim.

Hope she likes it.


8 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Kristen, you are amazing!! That is such a fun thing! I am so impressed with your amazing sewing skills. The fabric is super cute and the bead decoration is so fun. Good job Kristen. Want to make me one now? :) My birthday is coming up! lol

Kirsti said...

Fabulous!

Sheryl said...

So cute!! I am sure she (and little L) will love it!

grandma said...

I think it turned out super cute. She will love it and so will Lucy

adrienne and ryan said...

You amaze me!

Tiffany said...

Wow! That's amazing. I love the fabric, and what a great idea. I'm sure both your girls will love it.

Bloom Family said...

love it!! Such a fun idea Kristen!

The Kartchners said...

Kristen that is super cute, the fabric is also way fun. How would any of us get any new ideas without you!:)