Thursday, June 18, 2009

Father's Day Edible Ties

So here's a quick, easy and fun activity/gift for Father's Day: an edible tie. My sister-in-law, Candice did this a few years ago and I've always thought it was such a cute idea. Today our cousins came over and we gave it a try.

What you'll need:
Sugar Cookie Dough
Frosting
Candy for decorating
We made sugar cookie dough and I free-handed the ties before baking. Right after baking you can use a sharp knife to straighten any edges out or you can bake a rectangle and cut the tie directly from the hot, baked dough. You'll get sharper edges that way. The kids had a lot of fun decorating with icing and candy (and probably got sick from eating a large quantity of it).


2 comments:

The Kartchners said...

Love the picture card I can't say that enough and the tie looks yummy! You are too creative Kristen

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

I love this tie cookie idea! I featured in on a roundup of ideas of what you can do with a tie! Here's the link:

http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/2010/06/wednesdays-wowzers-what-can-you-do-with.html

Thanks for the inspiration!
~Alison